Frequently Asked Questions
Floor covering software is our passion. We want business owners to make an informed decision when purchasing ERP business accounting software. If you don't find the answer you are looking for, please contact us! We are here to help.
QFloors flooring software streamlines and manages your
flooring business, start to finish. Powerful, efficient,
and easy-to-use, it handles inventory, bids, sales,
customers, job costing, accounting, taxes, and reports.
Additional features include bar-coding, sales productivity
(CRM) tools, instant stock check, promotional pricing,
advanced customized reporting, B2B technology, integrated
scheduling, and more.
Flooring Technologies (dba QFloors) is passionate in its
efforts to help flooring dealers increase their
company's profitability, productivity, and efficiency
by better organizing and streamlining operations and
finances. Along with software tools, we provide business
consulting, accounting assistance, cloud hosting, data
to meet those ends. Our management and employees have
extensive experience in accounting, bookkeeping,
technology, and every facet of the flooring industry.
- my pc? Yes.
- a laptop? Yes.
- my Mac? Yes. However, QFloors runs natively in a Windows environment. You can use Apple and Android devices by connecting through our QCloud product. This is what we recommend if you are planning on using a Mac to access QFloors.
- my iPad/tablet/notebook computer? Yes. QFloors runs natively in a Windows environment. You can use Apple and Android devices by connecting through our QCloud product. This is what we recommend if you are planning on using an iPad, tablet or notebook computer to access QFloors.
- my smartphone? Yes. It's not ideal because of the amount of scrolling involved. (But if you don't mind, we don't mind!) QFloors runs natively in a Windows environment. You can use Apple and Android smartphones by connecting through our QCloud product. This is what we recommend if you are planning on using a smartphone to access QFloors.
- home, vacation, or a remote location? Yes. Working remotely is possible through QCloud, QFloors Mobile Suite, or other cloud services.
Yes, QFloors does payroll for 1099 subcontractors. But to
keep costs down, to reduce your tax liability and
exposure, and to provide the very best payroll solutions,
partnered via third party integrations
with outside companies that specialize in doing payroll.
For example, a complete full service payroll solution is
as little as $42 per month for 3 W2 employees. You also
have the option of using your own payroll companies,
QuickBooks, or other solutions. We offer training videos
on integrating payroll with QFloors, or we can tell you
more about it with a
free online/telephone demo.
Yes! Our instant job costing is one of the features
customers rave about and love. It is quick, user-friendly,
easy to access, and provides pinpoint accuracy. Many
customers say it helped them increase profits
significantly. See for yourself how it works with a
quick online/telephone demo.
Yes. Many of our customers have multiple locations.
We have many customers selling countertops, cabinets, home
furnishings, window coverings, appliances, paint,
hardware, and other unique products who are using QFloors
software successfully in their stores. We would be happy
to talk about how it can meet your business's
Give us a call, or email email@example.com.
Yes. We have many customers in Canada using QFloors.
Although QFloors software currently is only set up for
businesses in the US and Canada, QPro browser-based
software is available and useful for operations in other
contact our sales department
for more information.
Yes. While there is always a learning curve required for
any new software or business system you incorporate, we
feel we are hands-down the most user-friendly flooring
software available. We have many customers who, prior to
learning QFloors, had rarely used a computer.
is ideal for businesses who wish to keep using QuickBooks
or other generic software for back-end accounting. QPro
provides helpful flooring-specific benefits like imported
price lists from suppliers through fcB2B connections,
units and measurements specific to floor coverings (square
feet, square yards, linear feet), stellar inventory
management, sales tax and use tax corrections, California
CARE tax tracking, labor tracking modules, sales
commission calculations, and the ability to build kits.
QPro also efficiently manages CRM (lead and customer
tracking), job costing, sales, purchase orders,
commissions reporting, labor and sales tax reporting, and
more. Many people who are really happy with QuickBooks for
their back office needs find this to be a great
Yes. Over 90% of our customers use
QFloors business management software
rather than QuickBooks (or other generic programs) to take
care of their accounting needs. This way all business
operations, financials, inventory, ordering, and CRM data
are integrated together.
Here's a chart
that compares how QuickBooks and QFloors handle common
business tasks. QFloors also offers capabilities
customized to the flooring industry that generic software
QFloors was created specifically for the unique needs of
the flooring industry. It provides B2B features
(electronic downloads directly from the supplier). It
offers remote access to your data through QCloud and
QFloors Mobile. Its inventory management tracking is
outstanding in its accuracy, and specific to how the
flooring industry works. QFloors computes taxes, reports,
and financials based on the floor-covering industry and
your particular state or province's laws, rather than
a “one-size-fits-all” formula, which means the numbers and
reports are more accurate. It offers California CARE tax
tracking, sales and use tax, labor tracking modules, sales
commission calculations, lead tracking, and other features
specific to the flooring industry. In addition, customer
support is significantly better, more complete, and less
expensive with QFloors. Here's
about the two products.
Yes, certain types of information will transfer. For
instance, customer information, inventory, vendor
information, product definitions, and employee information
can be transferred from QuickBooks when setting up
Basically it refers to a business taking care of its IT
needs over the “cloud” (or internet). You're already
using cloud products if you use Web-based e-mail like
Hotmail, Yahoo! or Gmail.
is cloud software that is accessed through your internet
browser. For QFloors, we offer
QCloud hosting, which automatically protects, stores, maintains,
updates, and backs up your data. All you need is an
Talk with us
for more information and pricing, and to determine the
best fit for your needs.
QFloors is user-friendly, intuitively designed, reasonably
priced, comprehensive, offers cutting-edge technology,
provides hands down the best customer support in the
business, and was created specifically for the floor
covering industry. And that's just a start.
or talk with one of our
many happy customers
to learn more.
QPro browser-based software
is comparable in price to generic business software.
QFloors complete ERP flooring software
has an initial purchase price higher than off-the-rack
accounting software packages, although the cost is
generally much lower than other custom ERP systems. But
over time, it pays to use QFloors.
Studies have shown
that dealers using QFloors software have higher profits
when compared to similar sized organizations using generic
accounting software. Why? Several factors contribute. For
one thing, QFloors is customized rather than a
one-size-fits-all generic program. That customization
brings features specifically created to increase
profitability, productivity, and efficiency for a flooring
business. QFloors also delivers time and overhead savings
garnered from transferring information electronically
to/from suppliers through B2B. In addition, our support
staff is made up of people who are well versed in the
flooring industry, and know how things work from an
accounting side and operational side. That will NOT be who
you speak to when trying to get help with your generic
accounting software (provided you even can speak to a real
B2B stands for “business to business”. It refers to the
sending and receiving of information using computer
technology. In a floor covering business, fcb2b compliant
software can electronically transfer information between
flooring dealers and manufacturers or distributors. For
more information, visit
our B2B page.
Yes, QFloors has been involved with the B2B initiative
from the start. We are a leader in the industry in
supporting the B2B standard and implementing it into our
software. You can see a list of suppliers who connect with
- We're committed to doing everything we can to help you learn QFloors software. There are several different options for training.
- QFloors offers unlimited training for the first year of purchase. That means you can call and receive telephone and online training as often as you wish, for as many employees as you wish, at no cost.
- We also offer free basic 2-day trainings on a bi-monthly basis in Salt Lake City, Utah. You can send as many employees as you'd like, for free — you simply pay travel expenses.
- We also offer an extensive video training library accessible via our customer support site.
- An extremely popular option is our 4-day onsite conversion and training, where a QFloors employee will come to your store(s) and help you completely convert your business over to QFloors, train your employees, etc. There is a cost for this option. If you would be interested in a bid based upon your company's needs, contact a QFloors representative today.
- We also offer virtual onsite training, where you can connect (up to 25 persons) from various locations remotely with a QFloors trainer. These are sold in half-day and full-day increments.
Yes. We have several different options.
Contact a QFloors sales representative
for specific options.
- Maintenance fees are what enable a software company to remain in business and continue to update and support the software. The only software companies who do not charge some sort of maintenance fee force you to upgrade every few years. With your purchase of QFloors software, your first year of maintenance and support is free. After that year, you are assessed a yearly charge, which is a percentage of your purchase price. That optional fee allows you to get all software updates (generally 3 per year), unlimited support and training, fcB2B connectivity, and more. If you choose not to renew your maintenance contract, you can still use your particular version of the software, but you do not receive any software updates or fcB2B connectivity, and will pay per instance when seeking technical support.
- QPro software is a monthly SaaS subscription, and so maintenance fees do not apply. As long as your subscription is active, you will receive all updates and have access to training tools and fcB2B features.
Yes, but right now it requires custom programming from
your website developer. They will need to connect with our
development department for the details.
to set this up.
QFloors sells and supports
MeasureSquareTM flooring estimation
software. Using MeasureSquare not only provides you with the best
and most mobile-friendly floor takeoff estimators in the
industry (including a commercial flooring estimator second
to none), but you also benefit from its seamless
integration with QFloors software, and the advantage of
getting all of your customer support through QFloors'
highly rated team.
Yes, there are two different ways you can process a credit
card remotely through our
QFloors Mobile Suite
products: 1) With a credit card terminal; 2) With a
virtual credit card terminal on your laptop or tablet. An
actual credit card terminal takes more initial setup, but
it also allows you to have a lower processing rate, and
stores the card with a safely encrypted token (PCI
compliant) for future use. Talk with us for more
QFloors has been selling flooring software since 2000.