Frequently Asked Questions
Floor covering software is our passion. We want business owners to make an informed decision when purchasing ERP business accounting software. If you don't find the answer you are looking for, please contact us! We are here to help.
QFloors flooring software streamlines and manages your flooring
start to finish. Powerful, efficient, and easy-to-use, it handles
bids, sales, customers, job costing, accounting, taxes, and reports.
Additional features include bar-coding, sales productivity (CRM) tools,
instant stock check, promotional pricing, advanced customized reporting,
technology, integrated scheduling, and more.
Flooring Technologies (dba QFloors) is passionate in its efforts to help
flooring dealers increase their company’s profitability, productivity,
efficiency by better organizing and streamlining operations and
Along with software tools, we provide business consulting, accounting
assistance, cloud hosting, data entry, and other services
ends. Our management and employees have extensive experience in
bookkeeping, technology, and every facet of the flooring industry.
- my pc? Yes.
- a laptop? Yes.
- my Mac? Yes. However, QFloors runs natively in a Windows environment. You can use Apple and Android devices by connecting through our QCloud product. This is what we recommend if you are planning on using a Mac to access QFloors.
- my iPad/tablet/notebook computer? Yes. QFloors runs natively in a Windows environment. You can use Apple and Android devices by connecting through our QCloud product. This is what we recommend if you are planning on using an iPad, tablet or notebook computer to access QFloors.
- my smartphone? Yes. It’s not ideal because of the amount of scrolling involved. (But if you don’t mind, we don’t mind!) QFloors runs natively in a Windows environment. You can use Apple and Android smartphones by connecting through our QCloud product. This is what we recommend if you are planning on using a smartphone to access QFloors.
- home, vacation, or a remote location? Yes. Working remotely is possible through QCloud, QFloors Mobile Suite, or other cloud services.
Yes. And we’d be happy to show you how, via a free online/telephone
Will they be accurate? Yes -- razor sharp accuracy.
Yes, QFloors does payroll for 1099 subcontractors. But to keep costs
to reduce your tax liability and exposure, and to provide the very best
payroll solutions, we have partnered
via third party integrations with outside companies that
in doing payroll. For example, a complete full service payroll solution
as little as $42 per month for 3 W2 employees. You also have the option
using your own payroll companies, QuickBooks, or other solutions. We
training videos on integrating payroll with QFloors, or we can tell you
about it with a free
Yes! Our instant job costing is one of the features customers rave about
love. It is quick, user-friendly, easy to access, and provides pinpoint
accuracy. Many customers say it helped them increase profits
See for yourself how it works with a quick online/telephone demo.
- Yes. Many of our customers have multiple locations.
Yes. Our inventory management and tracking is second to none. We’d be
to show you how it works. Contact us for a custom demo. We’ll make it as quick or as
as you wish.
Retail flooring stores, residential flooring, commercial
operations, distribution, new construction, multi-family
housing, mobile showrooms, and more. We have software perfect
small, mid-size, and large businesses.
We have many customers selling countertops, cabinets, home furnishings,
window coverings, appliances, paint, hardware, and other unique products
are using QFloors software successfully in their stores. We would be
to talk about how it can meet your business’s particular needs. Give us a call, or email
- Yes. We have many customers in Canada using QFloors.
Although QFloors software currently is only set up for businesses in the
and Canada, QPro browser-based software is available and useful for
operations in other countries. Please contact our sales department for more
Yes. While there is always a learning curve required for any new
business system you incorporate, we feel we are hands-down the most
user-friendly flooring software available. We have many customers who,
to learning QFloors, had rarely used a computer.
QFloors is very comprehensive in what it provides. It is intended to
streamline and manage your business, top to bottom. If there is
particular you wish to ask, reach
out and we can show you how QFloors takes care of that
task, report, or need.
is ideal for businesses who wish to keep using QuickBooks or other
software for back-end accounting. QPro provides helpful
benefits like imported price lists from suppliers through fcB2B
units and measurements specific to floor coverings (square feet, square
yards, linear feet), stellar inventory management, sales tax and use tax
corrections, California CARE tax tracking, labor tracking modules, sales
commission calculations, and the ability to build kits. QPro also
efficiently manages CRM (lead and customer tracking), job costing,
purchase orders, commissions reporting, labor and sales tax reporting,
more. Many people who are really happy with QuickBooks for their back
needs find this to be a great combination.
Yes. Over 90% of our customers use QFloors
business management software rather than
QuickBooks (or other generic programs) to take care of their accounting
needs. This way all business operations, financials, inventory,
and CRM data are integrated together. Here's a
chart that compares how QuickBooks and QFloors handle common
business tasks. QFloors also offers capabilities customized to the
industry that generic software cannot provide.
QFloors was created specifically for the unique needs of the flooring
industry. It provides B2B features (electronic downloads directly from
supplier). It offers remote access to your data through QCloud and
Mobile. Its inventory management tracking is outstanding in its
and specific to how the flooring industry works. QFloors computes taxes,
reports, and financials based on the floor-covering industry and your
particular state or province’s laws, rather than a “one-size-fits-all”
formula, which means the numbers and reports are more accurate. It
California CARE tax tracking, sales and use tax, labor tracking modules,
sales commission calculations, lead tracking, and other features
the flooring industry. In addition, customer support is significantly
better, more complete, and less expensive with QFloors. Here’s more
information about the two products.
Yes, certain types of information will transfer. For instance, customer
information, inventory, vendor information, product definitions, and
employee information can be transferred from QuickBooks when setting up
We can transfer certain information from certain systems. It’s best to
talk with us about your
specific circumstances. QFloors also offers help with GL
conversion and other data entry needs.
Basically it refers to a business taking care of its IT needs over the
“cloud” (or internet). You’re already using cloud products if you use
Web-based e-mail like Hotmail, Yahoo! or Gmail. QPro is
software that is accessed through your internet browser. For QFloors, we
hosting, which automatically protects, stores, maintains,
and backs up your data. All you need is an internet connection. Talk with us for more
information and pricing, and to determine the best fit for your needs.
QFloors is user-friendly, intuitively designed, reasonably priced,
comprehensive, offers cutting-edge technology, provides hands down the
customer support in the business, and was created specifically for the
covering industry. And that’s just a start. Contact us or talk with one of our many happy customers to
We are unique in that we publish pricing right on our website. We do it because we feel
passionately about happy customers. False mark-downs, surprise add-ons,
fuzzy pricing are not conducive to long-term customer relationships. We
fair, upfront, and honest with our pricing.
software is comparable in price to generic business software. QFloors
ERP flooring software has an initial purchase price higher than
off-the-rack accounting software packages, although the cost is
much lower than other custom ERP systems. But over time, it pays to use
have shown that dealers using QFloors software have higher
when compared to similar sized organizations using generic accounting
software. Why? Several factors contribute. For one thing, QFloors is
customized rather than a one-size-fits-all generic program. That
customization brings features specifically created to increase
profitability, productivity, and efficiency for a flooring business.
also delivers time and overhead savings garnered from transferring
information electronically to/from suppliers through B2B. In addition,
support staff is made up of people who are well versed in the flooring
industry, and know how things work from an accounting side and
side. That will NOT be who you speak to when trying to get help with
generic accounting software (provided you even can speak to a real
B2B stands for “business to business”. It refers to the sending and
receiving of information using computer technology. In a floor covering
business, fcb2b compliant software can electronically transfer
between flooring dealers and manufacturers or distributors. For more
information, visit our B2B page.
Yes, QFloors has been involved with the B2B initiative from the start.
are a leader in the industry in supporting the B2B standard and
it into our software. You can see a list of suppliers who connect with
QFloors on this
- We’re committed to doing everything we can to help you learn QFloors software. There are several different options for training.
- QFloors offers unlimited training for the first year of purchase. That means you can call and receive telephone and online training as often as you wish, for as many employees as you wish, at no cost.
- We also offer free basic 2-day trainings on a bi-monthly basis in Salt Lake City, Utah. You can send as many employees as you’d like, for free – you simply pay travel expenses.
- We also offer an extensive video training library accessible via our customer support site.
- An extremely popular option is our 4-day onsite conversion and training, where a QFloors employee will come to your store(s) and help you completely convert your business over to QFloors, train your employees, etc. There is a cost for this option. If you would be interested in a bid based upon your company’s needs, contact a QFloors representative today.
- We also offer virtual onsite training, where you can connect (up to 25 persons) from various locations remotely with a QFloors trainer. These are sold in half-day and full-day increments.
Yes. We have several different options. Contact a QFloors sales representative for
- Maintenance fees are what enable a software company to remain in business and continue to update and support the software. The only software companies who do not charge some sort of maintenance fee force you to upgrade every few years. With your purchase of QFloors software, your first year of maintenance and support is free. After that year, you are assessed a yearly charge, which is a percentage of your purchase price. That optional fee allows you to get all software updates (generally 3 per year), unlimited support and training, fcB2B connectivity, and more. If you choose not to renew your maintenance contract, you can still use your particular version of the software, but you do not receive any software updates or fcB2B connectivity, and will pay per instance when seeking technical support.
- QPro software is a monthly SaaS subscription, and so maintenance fees do not apply. As long as your subscription is active, you will receive all updates and have access to training tools and fcB2B features.
Yes, but right now it requires custom programming from your website
developer. They will need to connect with our development department for
details. Contact us to set
QFloors sells and supports MeasureSquareTM flooring estimation
software. Using MeasureSquare not only provides you with the
and most mobile-friendly floor takeoff estimators in the industry
a commercial flooring estimator second to none), but you also benefit
its seamless integration with QFloors software, and the advantage of
all of your customer support through QFloors' highly rated team.
Yes, there are two different ways you can process a credit card remotely
through our QFloors Mobile Suite products: 1) With a credit
terminal; 2) With a virtual credit card terminal on your laptop or
An actual credit card terminal takes more initial setup, but it also
you to have a lower processing rate, and stores the card with a safely
encrypted token (PCI compliant) for future use. Talk with us for more
Sure. Contact us and we’ll
- QFloors has been selling flooring software since 2000.
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm (Mountain Time). We also offer after-hours
emergency service. See our Contact
Us page for more specifics.