Helpful Tools for Working Remotely
Right now, due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, most of us are working remotely. But even before all of this hit, Adam Hickman, PH.D., and content manager of Gallup, reported that about 43% of US employees were working remotely at least some of the time. Studies show that if the proper measures are taken, working remotely can increase engagement and productivity, but the risk is the exact opposite result. What tools are available to help increase communication and remote collaboration to ensure success?
The Right Tools for your Team
Here are a few tools to successfully implement remote working, provided by QFloors and other suppliers.
QCloud™ Hosting Service - The benefit of cloud computing is it takes the worry and risk out of your technology maintenance. You don’t have to stress about computers going down, servers failing, or loss of your data through theft, natural disaster, or human error. Because your software and data exist in the “cloud” (rather than on a specific piece of computer equipment), you can access it anytime, anywhere, and from any device. You just have to have an internet connection. Data is automatically backed up for you and stored securely. There’s less maintenance and it provides the flexibility to grow with your company without having to invest in additional hardware.
QView™ - QView is a powerful secret weapon for busy owners. It provides vital, real time information about your company in easy-to-read graphs and charts. There are so many moving parts that impact overall performance of a business. In the past it was impractical and time-prohibitive for an already-stretched-thin owner to locate the information, run reports, scour through pages of data, compare it with historical reports, and so forth. That’s no longer a problem, thanks to QView! Easily and quickly accessed through a web browser, QView gives a snapshot of the most important and helpful information about what is happening in your business. And charts can be drilled down into, for additional details and insights. You can also change the parameters of the data shown.
QFloors™ Mobile Suite - Combine remote products in this complete software solution, now making it possible to smoothly move through your operations, start to finish, all remotely. You can mix and match from the following
You can mix and match from the following QFloors Mobile Suite™ products:
- Laser measurer (sold separately)
- MeasureSquare Cloud™
- QFloors™ or QPro Software™
- Internet Hotspot
- DocuSign™ or other e-signature programs (sold separately)
- Heartland™ (Mobile Credit Card Processor)
There are also a number of products outside of QFloors to help make you more efficient remotely.
Many tech companies around the globe are coming together to offer solutions that can help you adapt to this uncharted time.
Remote team communication, web conferencing tools, secure data management software, work organization and even time tracker solutions are available to assist with this new global approach during this crisis, or even after. These tools will help you foster a disciplined environment by setting the right expectations and controls. Here are a few of them:
- Integration and collaboration tools - Microsoft SharePoint™/Teams, DropBox Business™, and Cisco Webex® Meetings and Teams all offer chat, video meetings, whiteboard, scheduling and file sharing. Zoho Remote™ tool kit is another complete solution to maximize collaboration. Chatbots are another great tool. Phone forwarding is available by using softphones such as Skype™ Connect.
- Time tracking tools for remote employees - Roadmap™ App, TickSpot™, iDoneThis™, Timely™, Basecamp™ or even the less glamorous Google™ Forms and spreadsheets all can help provide timesheets and tracking.
- Cybersecurity tools - Here are several helpful options for training employees on how to stay protected while working remotely: Trend-Micro™, WEBROOT™, SolarWinds™, Intruder™, and Mimecast™. It is also absolutely imperative that firewalls and antivirus should be implemented.
In Summary: By implementing tools such as these, you can have all of your team members working in a productive way, despite stay-at-home restrictions. It will allow you to establish specific numerical performance metrics, and can help you monitor productivity and service calls or chat interactions. Some tools can help track remote working and its impact on customer satisfaction and sales performance, or recognize and reward hard working employees.